Are you friendly, able to work independently and have excellent communication skills?
We are looking for Festival Volunteers!
As a Festival Volunteer, you will be an integral part of the Festival team, and get the opportunity to meet international dance artists from all over the world.
Main tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Producing artist packs with key information for each artist allocated to you.
- Picking the artist up at the airport and welcoming them to Singapore.
- Sending the artist to their accommodation venue and briefing them on their Festival schedule.
- Ensuring that the artists are able to navigate around accommodation venue with ease.
- Taking the artist to the Festival venues (Esplanade and Goodman Arts Centre) so that they are familiar with the routes.
- Welcoming participants at the Front-of-House desk for Festival technique classes and workshops.
- Preparing the dance studio for classes and workshops.
- Attending to the welfare of the artists during classes and workshops e.g. preparing bottles of water, being readily available should the artists require any form of assistance during teaching.
- Helping with any other duties in line with the objectives of the Festival.
Perks & Benefits:
- Be friends with these international dance artists and gain insights to the wider contemporary dance industry from your valuable conversations with them.
- Experience the insides of running a contemporary dance festival.
- Get to know our Festival team!
Festival Volunteers should be free to commit to various duties from during the Festival period, and will be required to attend a volunteer’s briefing session in mid-May (exact date to be confirmed). Interested volunteers should write in to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 April 2018.