Are you friendly, able to work independently and have excellent communication skills?
M1 CONTACT Contemporary Dance Festival 2017 is looking for Festival Volunteers!
As a Festival Volunteer, you will be an integral part of the Festival team, and get the opportunity to meet international dance artists hailing from Asia-Pacific, Europe and the United States.
Main tasks and responsibilities for this opportunity may include:
– Producing artist packs with key information for each artist allocated to you.
– Picking the artist up at the airport and welcoming them to Singapore.
– Sending the artist to their accommodation venue and briefing them on their Festival schedule.
– Ensuring that the artists are able to navigate around accommodation venue with ease.
– Taking the artist to the Festival venues (Esplanade and Goodman Arts Centre) so that they are familiar with the routes.
– Welcoming participants at the Front-of-House desk for Festival technique classes and workshops.
– Preparing the dance studio for classes and workshops.
– Attending to the welfare of the artists during classes and workshops e.g preparing bottles of water, being readily available should the artists require any form of assistance during teaching.
– Helping with any other duties in line with the objectives of the Festival.
Perks & Benefits:
– Be friends with these international dance artists and gain insights to the wider contemporary dance industry from your valuable conversations with them.
– Experience the insides of running a contemporary dance festival.
Festival Volunteers should be free to commit to various duties from 30 May to 7 July, and will be required to attend a volunteer’s briefing session in mid-May (exact date to be confirmed). Interested volunteers should write in to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 April 2017.